Sun Mountain Micro-Cart Preview

We're thinking about upgrading our push carts too. I'm interested in what kind of difference 4 wheels makes over 3.

That's a sick looking cart Hawk.....uber portable....and your bag is pretty epic as well.

Clearance from TGW for right around 100.00!

Hawk, Does that handle fold down farther that you have it in the OP picture? I use the storage compartment all the time during the round and that looks like spill city so I'm assuming it flattens out more than the position you have it in.

If Hawk doesn't mind, I can answer this question. When the cart is unfolded, the handle can be adjusted slightly with a screw (may be 5in up or down?) that is the yellow knob in the picture. The compartment that you refer too is closed by a magnet which holds all valuables (cell phone, gps, wallet and at the very top of the compartment I usually put 3 balls) in place quite well. Another nice thing about the compartment is that the plastic is clear so you don't have to open it to see your GPS yardage or what you cell phone is up to. On top of the plastic compartment is another magnet to hold your score card down. This is a VERY strong magnet and have yet to find a wind string enough to blow the card away. Hope this helps...

What he said :)

I need to start walking this summer so am really starting to research these buggies. Looking forward to the review. I need to pull the trigger soon.

Not going to lie, I much prefer riding, but I am going to be walking far more than I will be riding this year. I prefer a cart bag to a stand bag, so a push cart is a neccessity. I love that there are so many places to put things on the Micro Cart. One complaint I always have about push carts is that many of them force you to stow things in your bag that you'd normally have out in the cart.

Not going to lie, I much prefer riding, but I am going to be walking far more than I will be riding this year. I prefer a cart bag to a stand bag, so a push cart is a neccessity. I love that there are so many places to put things on the Micro Cart. One complaint I always have about push carts is that many of them force you to stow things in your bag that you'd normally have out in the cart.

I have a clic gear but do not like it as well as my previous three wheel carts. It has lots of good qualities but two things bother me: One, it is a pain in the rear to set up and take down and two, it doesn't have adequate storage on the cart as you mention above.

When I purchased the clic gear, it was between the SM micro cart and the clic gear. I did not choose the SM because of concerns about durability. I put lots of miles on a cart so they have to be pretty tough. Now I am having second thoughts about my clic gear and will be watching this thread with great interest.

With my previous SM cart the customer service was terrific and that should have weighed into my purchase decision.

I like the look of it folded up- looks like I may actually be able to fit that thing in my trunk without removing wheels, cupholders, etc.

Might be something I'd want to look into.

Anyone have an idea what the MSRP is?

Anyone have an idea what the MSRP is?

Street price in Spokane is $179.95

I was looking into buying one of these the past couple of months as I like how easy it is to fold and how small it when folded. It also doesn't weigh much. I'd been saving my money and waiting for a red one to show up at the shop. I'd saved most of the money and a red one came in. I was about to pull the trigger but while I was looking at it one of the salesmen walked by and said that it wasn't a cart to buy. He said that the shop had a lot of returns on the cart due to durability issues (stripping screws was one thing I remember him saying when I asked). He talked up the Clicgear 3.0 a little so I wasn't sure if he was just trying to upsell but I don't think so since there is only a $10 difference and the guys at the shop are usually pretty cool and straight forward in my experience. A near $200 sure sell out the door for the day especially since they had 1 or 2 CGs in stock that day (I don't like the CGs that much anyway so wouldn't buy one). Anyway, I am really interested to read this review and see if there are any durability issues.

I sort of hate first impression posts because the honeymoon effect is always strong, but I have to do it. After a nine hole round on a hilly course, I love this thing. My favorite thing was the scorecard holder (magnet) and accessory tray. Just so handy to have everything you need right there. Wowzers I have been missing out. The four wheels were really easy to move around with and it was very stable from everything I saw. It almost made walking fun!

Has anyone used the new Bag Boy Quad Cart, which is the direct competition to Sun Mountain's Micro-Cart? If so, what are your impressions?

Has anyone used the new Bag Boy Quad Cart, which is the direct competition to Sun Mountain's Micro-Cart? If so, what are your impressions?

Sorry, I have not.

Once again, very impressed with this cart yesterday. It took me a bit to get the hang of getting it put together and taking it apart, but now it's a breeze.

I sort of hate first impression posts because the honeymoon effect is always strong, but I have to do it. After a nine hole round on a hilly course, I love this thing. My favorite thing was the scorecard holder (magnet) and accessory tray. Just so handy to have everything you need right there. Wowzers I have been missing out. The four wheels were really easy to move around with and it was very stable from everything I saw. It almost made walking fun!

Good stuff man, wish I could be out there with you.

Good stuff man, wish I could be out there with you.

No doubt, dude. Get that damn wrist fixed! You've seen some of the 'carts' I've used this year. Wait till you see this thing. You'll understand why I'm loving it so much hehe.

No doubt, dude. Get that damn wrist fixed! You've seen some of the 'carts' I've used this year. Wait till you see this thing. You'll understand why I'm loving it so much hehe.

It looks pretty fancy man, I'm glad it seems to be working out for you so far. I love walking both for the health benefits and not playing hurry up and wait golf.

It looks pretty fancy man, I'm glad it seems to be working out for you so far. I love walking both for the health benefits and not playing hurry up and wait golf.

I'm getting more comfortable with the walking. It definitely helps to have everything that I want accessible right there. I'm also a cart bag guy and this makes that possible.

Well said hawk, I also just got one (used) and I really like it. I used to carry my bag, but never again. This thing is well built and like you. I really like the magnet card holder and tray. It really does make walking more enjoyable and a lot easier on the back too.

I was amazed at how strong the magnet is.

Same here, when I first saw the magnet clip I was thinking there is no way it would hold a scorecard, yet yesterday in 25mph winds it stayed on

any other comments on the durability and size of wheels? Both of which I have read a few times are concerns.

any other comments on the durability and size of wheels? Both of which I have read a few times are concerns.

I think most of your concerns will probably be addressed when Hawk puts out the review. No real sense in doing a review if he's going to tell us everything here!

I have the '10 version of this cart and am pretty happy with it. It's my first cart, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I got mine at Edwin Watts on sale for about $145-150 late last summer.

Like has been said previously, it folds pretty small and take up very little space...maybe 1' x 2' x 1'.
It's very stable. I've let it go down hills on it's own and it stays straight.
It has tires that never need air. So, no flats.

The 2 negatives that I can think of are:
1) the cup holder won't hold a 32 oz cup
2) occasionally my bag rubs on one of the wheels causing a notable increase in friction. I'm probably going to jerry-rig some kind of metal plate to keep the bag and wheels physically separate.

Hawk,
Let us know if you notice your bag ever touching the wheels.

Static, does yours have an adjustable axle? I made a quick adjustment before I used it on the course. I have a pretty big bag and it didn't fit well on the standard setting.

I have the '10 version of this cart and am pretty happy with it. It's my first cart, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I got mine at Edwin Watts on sale for about $145-150 late last summer.

Like has been said previously, it folds pretty small and take up very little space...maybe 1' x 2' x 1'.
It's very stable. I've let it go down hills on it's own and it stays straight.
It has tires that never need air. So, no flats.

The 2 negatives that I can think of are:
1) the cup holder won't hold a 32 oz cup
2) occasionally my bag rubs on one of the wheels causing a notable increase in friction. I'm probably going to jerry-rig some kind of metal plate to keep the bag and wheels physically separate.

Hawk,
Let us know if you notice your bag ever touching the wheels.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Smallville is correct in that I well address these things on the review. I can't really comment on durability at this point since I've only had it out a couple times. Thanks for the questions and I'll keep then in mind during testing.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Review on this is done and should be up in the near future.

Wow, That's like the Ferrari of Pull Carts. :D

Just a quick update to say that the Micro-Cart is still going strong. Haven't had any issues after the clip that broke. Still absolutely love the four wheels and the accessory tray. I really don't mind walking at all now that I have this and I am a lazy, lazy guy. Definitely recommend checking it out if you're in the market.

Back