PDA

View Full Version : Indoor training facilities

MO_Hacker
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Do any of you have an indoor training facility in your area or been to one? I'm not talking Golftec but more of something along these lines http://www.golf365pa.com/about/

If you don't have something similar, if you did would it be something you would consider using if it were available?

Hawk
08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Yep.

Used to have a dome, but it was not my favorite.

Now an indoor place with sims and a really big putting surface. I take lessons there year round, but only use it for practice occasionally. The set up for lessons is pretty cool, cameras for video and sensors under the floor to detect weight shift. He does K-Vest there too.

Biggest complaint I have is cost. Extremely expensive if you practice frequently like I do.

MO_Hacker
08-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Hawk, is that the clubhouse? That looks like a real nice facility, exactly what I had in mind

Hawk
08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
It is. It's a great facility and run by good people. It's been a godsend at times. If you can go off-hours it's a little cheaper.

Hawk
08-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I should also say that they have sort of made the place an adult playground in general, which is probably why they are still around. Can't be easy to survive on only sims.

They have a full bar, music, events, leagues, pool, ping-pong, etc. The place is always hopping in the cooler months.